Wednesday, July 22, 2009

True Love- Dedicated to Ms Sushmita Sen

I love Sushmita Sen!! Surprised that a female blogger is talking about female icon instead of King Khan’s and Singh’s around? Don’t be!

She is a diva, one of a kind- attractive, witty, charming and living life on her terms...

She has to her credits of adopting a baby against all odds becoming a single mother, unlike the so called Miss Universe’s/World’s/India’s who deliver speeches on green revolution, poverty, Women Rights, Child abuse, Nuclear wars and forget all about it once they achieve the actual goal of becoming famous and dancing around the trees in Bollywood. :P


If that’s not all she did touch my life without even being aware of it! :D.

The year gone by for me was so filled with Love, Togetherness, Happiness and Fun. I am one of those social networking sites addicted lunatic. It was early 08 when I used to be a part of orkut regularly but had Sushmita’s picture as my display picture. She represented a strong women. I did identify myself as a part of the population who spoke their minds. I recall the days’ past and suddenly I feel as if I am overpowered by the soul of Pooja’s boyfriend (character from the movie “Dil Chahta hai” who remembered every possible dates) :D

Read on:
January 31st of 2008- I read a scrap on my profile from someone saying he loved Sushmita too. I did visit the guy’s profile and read his hilarious profile and really liked the way he had expressed himself.

February 4th- I replied to his scrap. We slowly graduated to chatting with each other. Talk about lost souls, I was dumbstruck; I had found someone so alike, like me. We almost came out with same topics to discuss simultaneously. Two days later we exchanged numbers. No no!! there was no stopping us now, the two blabber mouths! :D

February 14th- The guy proposed me. I did like the thought of having someone who loves adventure, fun and shared the same thought process with me all throughout my life. I had my own reservation and concerns. I hadn’t even met the guy and I had no faith in networking sites where you never know if the person really exists or not :D. But must say this guy was real different in such a short time I had all his details from his home address, his future plans and his family. :P He left to his hometown Mumbai a week later, introduced me to his mom on phone. His Mom sure was a sweet woman and we hit it off like a house on fire!

Feburary 27th– Unaware of her son’s feelings, his mom asked me too a direct question “Will u marry my son? I could feel my heart skip a beat. This never had happened to me, neither do I believe any of you here reading this would have come across this kind of a situation. I found myself hunting for words, stammering. All I managed to put in words is I needed to talk to my parents :D. I was given a deadline of 15 days to think about it along with a tag attached “15th day I am going to see another girl for him whose one of our relative” :D

March 3rd- He was back in Bangalore and that was the first time I met this rather innocent looking guy who was otherwise everything than what he looked like. We spent the evening chatting away like old friends.

March 15th- Birthday time!! He was celebrating a rather quite birthday at his place. I wondered how can a fun-loving extrovert spend such a calm day. I did ask him on call as to why had it been such a quite day. He bluntly said “You aren’t’ with me here to celebrate my birthday, what do I do? That moment I don’t know what struck me, was that cupid playing his tricks on me? Something kept ringing in my ears “This is the guy, this is the guy you have been waiting for all these years for”” I asked him to give me a moment cut the call and nervously dialled my home number. I could hear my mom on the other end. I told her “Mom, I have something to tell u, I think there is someone I want you to talk to. I love someone and I want you to talk to his mom right away. I believe no one can ever keep your daughter happier then this guy” She reconfirmed if I was sure. I said “Go ahead, Mom that’s it call that number right away.” :D. 20 Minutes later both our Mom’s had spoken to each other, they did decide to take the matter ahead. ;) I asked my Mom to do another favour of calling him personally and wishing him his birthday. Later in the evening I Spoke to MY MAN this time and asked him if he had received his Bday present. :D. I could hear a voice that was happy and surprised saying that was the best gift he did ever get.


April 11th– We got engaged. My father was a proud father who felt and still feels he had found a right guy for his daughter through a site called shaadi.com . :D (Unaware that all of us conspired against him to make him believe that it was an arranged marriage)

July 6th 2009– My Status Message on Orkut read - Successfully completed a year in the venture called “Marriage”. As fresh on my mind as if it was yesterday that I met this sweet guy who is sweeter, cooler than he was a year ago: P He makes me feel complete. He makes me feel stronger and happier.

Sushmita - Thank you for being my Display Picture :D. If you weren’t around I wouldn’t have got that one scrap which changed my life for best.


And, as for me now?

I just love spending each day of my life with a day dreamer, a true-blue romantic leading a melodramatic life that he fondly call as larger than life, Sandy!. There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. :)

40 comments:

  1. Very well expressed....Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. jai ho!! ye hui na love story 2008!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....and you thought I'll believe in that 'Arranged Marriage' stuff that you tried to sell, eh?!! :O

    Be happy always. Nice blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woooowwwww :) How cutely u have expressed ur love story !! sooo damn nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hu ha ha ha ha, you remember dates :D

    1. Very well written

    2. You made him wait(latke latke) for more than a month :O Why do girls do this? :P

    3. You got engaged in almost the same amount of time it took me to get a reply :D

    4. Insanity rocks :P

    5. Did you get inspiration from anywhere to write this or just wrote it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personal:

    Wow....that was real good...Lucky gal...Dats what I can say.

    About the Blog:

    The blog is written in plain vanilla english which is easy for the reader to understand and co-relate.

    All the Best to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks people! :) N Suki yeah Inspired by love :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. so honest so simple so touching.
    I guess this is what dreams are made off & yours became a reality :)
    subahu

    ReplyDelete
  9. IN HIBERNATION:
    HAHAHA :-D.. orkut is no longer a platform only for intellectual discussion... Yes surely , might be possible you find the soul mate over orkut.. now i will do orkutting with double enthusiasm...I have earn the invaluable friendship of few extraordinary people from orkut..
    when we born on earth we all were strangers..gradually we meet some person in life, talk to them,understand one another and became friends.....
    PLZ add me as your frnd :-P
    and yeah I m die hard fan of sushmita sen .. she is the lady of dream :-D.. Few says she doesn't deserve that.. but u must here her speech after award.. u will be speechless

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow :O what a love a story :O

    THing to note is... My birthdays on July 7 :D

    So next time you celebrate your anniversary celebrate my birthday with it too :D

    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well written blog Akshata. Now I know the baackground to your whirlwind romance culminating in a traditional marriage.

    I have just one question to ask you: As luck would have it, you met a person sharing your Sushmita fixation, from your own community, with an age gap acceptabale conventionally, culmninating in a traditional marrriage. Had you met a person matching every quality/parameter that Sandy did, but belonging to another community or religion, would you still have (a) decided to tie the knot and if so (b) managed to convince your parents about the correctness of your decision and (c) gone ahead even in case you did not get their clearance.
    I am asking this as I had to face a situation like this when my daughter decided to marry her classmate belonging to another caste at IIM(B)against his parents' wishes and we too reluctantly were left with no choice but to acquiesce. Not that I regret it,looking back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Akshi,

    i believe many ppl spend lifetimes juss to find that perfect bond with the right person dragging that self righteous image...but the bonds....which happen to be made in heaven...materialise in the way juss explained above all those comments...
    All i wanna say is thx for sharing this sweet example with us...and givin more strength to the belief is ..all we gotta do is walk in the right path of life...each corner have a nice surprise for us...
    thx again

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chechiee.........wonderfully written!~ :)

    The beginning of a new episode ( an episode of love and life) in your life....presented in an great way...!~ :)

    So funny and interesting to find that all this started from that DP of yours ;) even i met you for first at that time only!~ :D

    Chotu is really happy to read all this..it made him remember all those days....!~ :)

    Do write more Chechiee.....!~ All the Very Best!~

    God bless you!~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was such a sweet love story Akshata. I haven't heard of many successful stories that had their beginning from Orkut.

    I can very well relate to the content of the blog. I can feel it happening to me as well...if not entirely, in parts at least. I wonder if I can be as lucky as you. But then, it's experiences like yours that make me have faith in a long distance relationship with someone I haven't met before.

    PS: I wish I meet a similar fate (*touchwood*).

    ReplyDelete
  16. your love towards sushmita is known to all....
    bt this is way beyond my imagination...
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks again!

    Jhanu
    Touchwood too! :)

    AVENACTG
    Absolutely true :)

    Kapish
    Thank u! :)

    Vasanth Maam
    I did reply to ur queries on a personal level :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Akshata... YOU ROCK..!!

    Well to describe it in one word... "INSPIRING"..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved ur blog...how nicely have u depicted ur experience and both of u r lucky to have each other.TW.

    ReplyDelete
  20. shuru to aise ki jaise sushmita ke baare me kuch bolne wali hai...=))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ash...

    when i saw a blog link on yur orkut status., i thot yu wud hav written somethng on Sushmita., just to pass time i started to read the blog.....

    Trust me., i was surprised to read such a wonderful blog with a cute love story :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, wonderfully written buddy. Inspires me to start my own blog!!... :). It's wonderful the way you expressed your thoughts......

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow...u never told me abot this.....wish you rocking life... :D
    sandy ko thenga :D :D

    LOVE AMIT

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow....that is a really great love story....i wish best of luck for ur life ahead....:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. n yeah..... nw m really exited about orkut[:P]

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow... lucky you. Sush is what we call a lady. And good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow!!!!! such things do happen eh!!

    God bless both of you.. Wish you a very very Happy married life..

    ReplyDelete
  28. first of all this is the first blog I am came through with 40 comments :D

    and then after a long time I read a blog completly :P
    The way you described was amazing :D :D You remember the dates :P
    I wish My story too starts in the same way :((

    PS: U rock moi Sweet sister :D :D

    ReplyDelete